To promote and strengthen the nursing skill for better competence in the nursing profession in general and patient care in particular. To meet the shortage of qualified nursing personnel in the country in general.
- To enable them to get job opportunities for an economically better position at the national & international level.
- To demonstrate leadership and managerial skill in clinical/community health settings.
- To utilize the latest technology in providing health care by conducting nursing research, interpreting, and utilizing the findings from health-related research.
- Provide an educational programmed through which the graduates will be prepared to assume responsibility in the primary, secondary, and tertiary care of peoples as professional nurses.
- Graduates are prepared as capable of teaching and supervising inappropriate nursing and health care settings and participate in the administration of nursing service and education.
- Ensure that the nurse achieves an all-round development so that she is able to meet the needs of the individual, family, community, and thus make herself an asset to society.
- Promotes the teaching and learning process in the classroom as well as in the clinical area through appropriate supervision and ongoing evaluation based on well-defined criteria.
- Assist and co-ordinate with other members of the nursing team and the multidisciplinary team in the prevention of diseases and the promotion of Health in the hospital and community.
- Practice ethical values in personal and professional life through continuous guidance and counseling services whenever necessary.